KetoneAid KE4 vs HVMN Ketone Ester
Comparison of KetoneAid's KE4 Ketone Ester and Hvmn's Ketone Ester
By Frank Llosa
|.||KetoneAid KE4||Hvmn Ketone||.|
|Price||$1 per gram KE||$1.33||Hvmn costs 33% more|
|Price per 300g KE*||$300||$360||Hvmn costs $60 more|
|Main Ingredient||D-beta-Hydroxybutyrate Ester||D-beta-Hydroxybutyrate Ester||Same Exact Molecule|
|Serving Size (KE)*||30g of KE||25g of KE||20% more in KE4|
|Dilution*||1 KE to 1 H20||1 KE to 1.55 H20||Hvmn has 50%+ more water|
|Location Made*||Made in USA||Made overseas by India owned co.||.|
|Sweetener||Organic Stevia||Regular Stevia||.|
|Adjuncts*||L-Taurine 0.5g, Potassium 30mg||None||.|
|3rd Party Verified||Yes||Yes via NSF||NSF is better|
|Successful Published papers*||1||0|
|Unsuccessful Published papers*||0||2|
- Price: This compares 1 trainer bottle of KetoneAid's KE4 to 12 bottles of Hvmn Ketone, including their 10% bulk discount. There is a 5% subscribe and Save option with KetoneAid.
- Serving size: This should almost be ignored. Once somebody dials in what works for them, it can be as littls as 10ml of KE4, to as much as 2.5 servings, or 150ml. Note that one serving of Ketone Ester is like 8-10 servings of racemic Ketone Salts and 4-5 servings of non-racemic Ketone Salts. So if one serving of the salts does something for you, then take less Ketone Ester
- Dilution: We decided to put in less water into ours. This might make it harsher, but most people rather drinking less, so they can take it down in one gulp, or shot. Also it makes for much easier math when determining how many actual grams of ketones you want to drink
- Location Made: You may see advertising that Hvmn is made in Silicon Valley. This is a ridiculously misleading claim. Perhaps the packaging design and maybe final bottling is done there, but the ester itself is not. It is made overseas from a India owned company. KetoneAid's active ingredient is really "Made in the USA."
- Adjuncts: We did add a few extra things. L-Taurine, just a small amount. This helps the body retain electrolytes. Something that is known to happen with Ketone Esters is a depletion of electrolytes. And few want us to add salt to a "Salt Free" Ketone Ester. We also added a tiny amount of Potassium. This is not a "Ketone Salt". This is straight potassium. This was added because the ester is known to deplete the body specifically of potassium. Adding your own Potassium Citrate supplements may be recommended.
- Published Papers: There are many published papers using the raw ingredient ketone ester. Don't be fooled when Hvmn attempts to take credit for those. They did not supply their exact formulation.
Third Party testing from KetoSource